It struck me!
Yesterday, i went for SF again, to listen to what is being thought. The topic yesterday, was studies. After listening to 2 (of many) successful peoples in my church, i really thought to myself, i really have wasted my time in school. I could just become like that, and probably end up in University, by now.
During primary school days, i was one of the best students there, seriously. During Standard 3, i got number 3 in the whole school for PTS exam. I still remember the moments, Khairul Fazrin (1) and Lim Jeng Yi (2) were in front of me, we're suppose to go up the stage, and get our certificates, and presents i think (books). I was so active in English quiz, story telling or anything got to do with those days, i ALWAYS, i repeat ALWAYS get number 1, and i ALWAYS win, that shows how bright i am, hahahaha. My academic life went well, till it was Standard 6. During Standard 6 time, i mixed with the wrong groups, when the people was studying, i was playing bicycle at the bicycle parking, which is next to my classroom (ground floor). Without studying, i got myself 2As, 1B, and 2Cs. I think i would have done better, if i actually studied.
Secondary school times, i was a nerd. I end up in the 4th class out of 11 class in Form 1. Which is not fair, as i have friend who got 5Bs in UPSR, and why do i end up in the 4th class, when i for 2As, 1B and 2Cs. Everything went ok, till i started to lazy. Not doing my homework, and not bringing books to school. By the time Form 3, i started to spike up my hair, lowering down my pants, and chillin' out at class. While my friends were revising, i was beside them making jokes about them. I still remember, i went to the library with a friend, and make fun of him. When the results came out, it did really shocked me a lot. Due to my stupidity, arrogance, and know-it-all attitude, i failed. It was really a big slap!
Form 4, i was changed school, to a school nearby my home, but i wasn't happy there. As all of my friends, were in the old school. So i tried to just live at this school. I applied for Science Stream, despite i failed in maths and science. The teachers don't give me, but they asked me to study hard, for the first exam, and then they would change me to Science Stream. I did study, like after so many years of not studying, and wallah! I did it, so i enter inside the Science class. But i started to show laziness back. I changed school back to my old one, which is far away from my place, but i like it there. I enter inside accounting class, due to there's no place in Science Stream. So i enter, and became lazy there, till Form 5. 3 weeks before SPM, i started to do something, i regret all this while i wasted so much time not studying. I sacrificed my tv time, computer game time (no Internet at that time), food time, social time, and went to my room and studied.
At this time i was already in SAGC, and thanks to Beans and Andrew (or was it Isaac), they print out this prayer item, for students. It's taken from Psalm 23, which they remixed it themselves. I kept it in my pencil bag, each time before and after exam i would read it, and ask God for help. Just as exam finish, i'll walk all by myself to any food stall, and eat and then back to table and studying back. Thank God i got 1 A1, 2 B3, 3 C6, 2 E8. Surprisingly, subjects like Maths i got an E for it, because i' so bad in maths.
What I'm trying to say here is that, most of the times, we tend to become lazy. Just look at how i was transformed due to laziness, environment, and attitude problem. If you're still studying in school, or college, please think my story as a testimony from a person who did took his studies seriously, and take this time to change yourself, for your own good.
Me-lvin^_~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment