Interview
So after making sure i've locked my steering, i gave the car keys to my father, and walked away, As i was walking towards Damansara Specialist Hospital, i prayed. I'm taking this moment, as i have no one with me, and it a good way, to calm you down. While i was walking and praying, i walk past many cars park at both sides of me. One particular car, grabbed my attention, it's a BMW, with a windows sticker "God is the Leader, Serve Him". I smilled to myself. I've come to this flyover bridge, and walking up. As i look below me, i saw many cars going on the same way, makes me think of how in life, you dont have to follow or do what others are doing. So i came down on the other side of the road.
As i was walking pass, a familiar car which bears the plate number WQM 9**2 parked at the side of the road. I knew who's car was it, by just looking at the windscreen sticker. So i walked straight, looking at the big tall building right in front of my eye which the bottom is covered with shop lots. So i continue to walk, and came to the side of the building. Walking pass the VADS sign, i came to the entrance, walked straight to the security booth, and gave in my driving lisence in exchange for the Visitor Pass. I went straight for the lift, and press the 15 button. Was all alone in the lift, and i finally came 15th floor. I walked straight, and came to the automated door, walked to the receptionist, and told her "Selamat pagi, saya nak jumpa Miss Yong", and she replied "tolong duduk dulu". So i went and sat at this exclusive sofa, which i see in tv.
So i came there around 10:45 am, and my interview starts at 11am. So i just sat there, i saw one guy was doing the assessement paper which i did last week. One guy who has a ponytail sat next to me, he dress kinda smart with suit. Moments later he left. Another guy came and sat next to me. He dressed kinda cool, but im not in habit of knowing new people, so i kept silent, instead of introducing myself. When the guy walked to the counter, i saw his shoes, it was the same ones Beans have. Oh! how good would it be, if he's here, we could talk and laugh, at least i wont be bored now. I looked at the time, it was 11 am, and Miss Yong had not come yet, the guy who was doing the assessment questions, was using his handphone's calculator function to do his math questions.
I kept on waited, looking at the time, im seeing many people walking pass me. The only thing which managed to catch the decibel of my ear, are the sounds of the shoe steps makes. Different size, different race, different age and different clothings they wore. Some were wearing smart. Some were classy. Some were wearing clothings they shouldnt wear. Then i looked at the conference room beside me, there were more than 10 people in the room, and i got scared. I was thinking, was i suppose to go inside there? Am i late? I prayed again, just hoping that i didnt mess up my interview. Miss Yong came, she told me to wait. And she went away. I waited. Then another 15 to 20 minutes later, she came back. She called me and the person who did the assessment paper to follow her. We went to 20th floor. I thought, "what is going to happen?"
As we reached there, we came to this walkway. Miss Yong touched her keycard to the sensor, and keyed the folowing number 546**4*, and the door opened. So we went in there was this long walkway, with doors in side, yes just like the ones in Matrix. I got kinda scared, i managed to get a glimpse of these words "AIG", "Tabung Haji". Then we came at one of the door, she asked the guy to go in, he went it. Then she asked me to follow her to another door, and then i followed. Later she did the same keycard procedure thing again. Then came to this very very small room, which has 2 large doors, a cabinet, and the lower cabinet had milos, sugars, coffees and so on, on top of it. She asked me to sit down, and then she went in, i saw inside the room, there were peoples with computers in front of them. Then the door closed. I sat silently there. She came out, asked me to wait, and then she went out. I just sat there, looked around.
Then i heard someone doing pressing the door security keypad, and it was a woman. She entered in, and saw me, and got to the cabinet, and feeling milo into her cup. I felt kinda akward at that moment, because i felt like sitting at someone's house kitchen, and the housewife came in, and saw someone at her kitchen. Anyway she did her drink and left. One by one people coming in and looking at me, and go to the other side. I really felt ackward, as i dont know anyone there, and what im doing there. Then this malay guy came, and he said "hi", i replied back with a smile. I didnt uttered the word "hi", because something locked my mouth. Then he asked, "interview ke?", i said "ye" with a smile. Then he left. He looked really like the nerd ghost in Danny Phantom, hope to see him more. Then after waiting for 15 minutes in that small room, Miss Yong, called me and told me "Have confidence!", and she asked me to follow her. I followed her, and saw this guy seated at a table.
I greeted him with "Good afternoon sir", he replied back, and i sat in front of him. Miss Yong sat next to me. Then he introduced his name, but i cannot understand, as i didnt heard he mention his name. He's a big person, with this really hedious face, you ever see. So he asked me to explain about myself. I started to get nervous, from the questions shooting from his mouth, like the bullets from a handgun. Then he asked me to do a short skit, of how im going to convince a person to buy a product from me. He asked me to use my handphone. After replying to all his questions, i went out. Miss Yong told "You looked very nervous. But you did ok, but still nervous" in a friendly manner, while i replied "Yes, im very afraid, first time meeting him" which i didnt told her, that i was scared of his big head, with pair of small sharp eye. "His name is Taufik", said Miss Yong, so i asked in suprise "But i thought he's chinese?", she replied back "Yes he is, but he married with a malay person", and i replied "oohh".
Then as we heading to the end of the walkway, towards the entrance, "Miss Yong opened the door again, and holding them. She told "I cant wait to see you start working here, hope to see you soon" with a pat on my back. So i said "Thank you". She said she will call me by Tuesday. I went down through the elevator.
All i felt at this moment, i really was worn down. All the fears of interview, really took a lot of energy from me. All i want to do now is to go back home and sleep. Speaking of home, I'm reminded of Sophie Ellis Bextor's Take Me Home
Me-lvin^_~
P.S.Thank You Lord, and for those of you who prayed for me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment