Thursday, March 06, 2008

Tim Kai, Tim Kai - Part 2.

A nurse came and told me, that i can go to the ward. I was really sad, blurblur, and shocked with what's happening. I really don't know what is happening:O. So my dad and i followed her to the ward. It was on the 8Th floor. I went there, and saw many people lying on the bed:O, i don't know what sickness they are having. So i went to this corner and sat there. Nurse over there arguing about Dengue patient (which is me) being transferred to that ward. Apparently it was Tibi, and other sickness ward. The Dengue ward is already full of people. After taking my blood again, this guy (don't know wheater he's a doctor or nurse) asked me some questions. Later he told me "kat sini ambik darah 4 kali, hahahaha. Jangan kata saya tak bagitau"doh. Later one nurse came, and told me to go to my bed. So i followed, and then came to this bed. It's actually like twin bed. Next to me was an old man. You know how some bed, where they have another one down there? It's the same, it's higher than those normal onesdoh.

I changed place to in front, because this old man looks scary, besides the front there, the bed is just down the tv, so easy accesslahcheeky. The bed is still the same, the down one. But the guy sleeping next to me, looks ok. He's alive and sitting on his bed. My dad asked him, what's his problem? He said he has "paru paru bernanah". It means his lungs is filled with pus. He's been there, for 29 days already. I don't want to tell you guys, how they removed those pus away, fearing you guys will vomit in front of your monitors.

It was all ok, till my dad left. I can feel loneliness, and fear creeping on top of me, like shadow of darkness. I'm all alone, in a place fill with strangers, in a foreign place. That night i didn't eat anything, because i didn't had any appetite. I went to the toilet, and it was in horrible condition, some toilet had no flushdoh, some the doors too tight, some has you-know-what-in-itdoh, some has no hook, to hook up Sodium Chloride bottle:O. I learnt to use the toilet with one hand. It was hard, but it can be doneyahoo. At 12 am, this guy came and took blood from my hand. So i watch the tv till 2 am, until one nurse came and off it. I didn't manage to sleep, because of my "bedmate" and "roomate" kept on snoring. Funny machines kept on going in and coming out. I was really afraid that night, didn't slept well. At 5 am, the same guy came and took my blood again.

For breakfast, i had this round bun, which had "Hak Kerajaan" sticker on itdoh, and Milo. I went to toilet later, and saw this small room, where some critical looking patients in it. They all look unconscious, and had funny things plugged into them. I felt cold shiver for a whileblur. The day was Sunday, I'm expecting visit from my dad, and church friends. I waited till 1pm, but my dad couldn't be seen. I started to worry:O, and felt very sadsad. No one is here, the rest of the patients, their family members are there with them. Then i saw far away, at the entrance of another ward, i saw my dad going there. So i quickly grabbed my Sodium Chloride, and chased him. I was thrilled to saw him. Later went back to my ward, and talked to him. It felt really nice to see him there. He told me, my brother told, that my church friends, wont be visiting me. I felt really sad. Then my dad's friend came, so i left him with them. He went down. As i was lying watching Asoka, the indian version, i saw someone with a familiar face, i sit up, and saw my church people. I was kinda shocked. The joy i felt was indescribable. I was speechless. I was really happy to see themyahoo, that they willing to visit meclap, at a far place. So i had some chit chat with them.

A nurse came, and told me that i'll need to be moved to the Dengue ward. I hesitated at first. I didn't know how the place looks like, what kind of people are over there. But i decided I'll give it a trynod, i just hoped it will be better than this horrible place i was atblur. It turns to be pretty good, i'll say. At last i got my very own bed, with no any one sleeping next/down/below mewacko. I got my own table, to put my stuffs on it. There's air cond in this room, fan also. It looks clean, and much more modern looking. There's toilets and bathrooms!! Which is quite clean by the way. My dad accompany me till some time, and he too went back. That night, i felt really lonely. My mp3 player has no battery on it, and the tv was in front. I want to sleep and watch the tv, but couldn't, because it was kinda far awayblur.

Monday was pretty horrible day, too for me. No one came to visit mesadsob. I really felt loneliness. I felt how hospital patients felt. It was torturing. I just hoped my dad would come and visit me, but he's sick and was working. He got sick because he went back in rain from the hospital on Sunday. Basically in the new ward, i don't eat their lunch or dinner. Only breakfast only. Others i'll eat from outside. Most of the time, i'll just lie on the bed, sit, look outside, look at the clock, ask the doctors the same question "when can i go back"?, and just think a lot. I still remember, on morning the doctor came. I asked him "doctor, when can i go back?". He said "most probably today or tomorrow. We'll have to see if you have fever or not.". At morning my body temperature was ok. In the afternoon, it went up. It stayed up till at night. At night, i was kinda mad,mad i kept on thinking, why i couldn't go back. I had to do something. I NEED to do something. I set my heart on going back, the next day. So after proper thinking and planning. I came with an escape plan.:D

My Plan
* Drink 2 cups of water, every 30 minutes.
* Go toilet every 30 minutes.

Objective
*Try to consume as much as water as possible.
*To reduce my body temperature, as in fever.

It may looked like a simple plan, but NO. It's hard. Because i was committed at that time. I forced myself to drink every drop of water, and go to toilet. It wasn't easy, and i didn't knew if it worked or not. I prayed too. At 11pm, i stopped, Oh! i started at 7pm, by the waynod. I dint know if i made it, i just know i did my very best. At 12:30 they came and took my blood again. I just hope, there's some difference in the blood count. At morning the same doctor came, and told me, that i can go back, at 12:30pmhappy. I was so so so happy. I wanted to celebrate it. Hehehe. Thanks to God, for helping me outhappy. So my dad came, and we went back. Didn't have to pay any single cent. It's free wei.

Overall i think the Dengue ward, is ok. Very friendly nurse. I just don't like the foods, the doctors, kept on changing, the time of blood taking, and the amount of blood taking (4 times a day). I did learned a lot during this 7 days. I learn about importance, of family, friendship, understanding sick people, how it feels like staying in hospital, and how important it is to take care of your body.


Melvin Lourdes - 891059

Me-lvin^_~

No comments: