Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another Job Interview.

Went to search for jobs on Monday, because not only i promised myself, but to others too that I'll search for job after I'm back from church camp (will blog bout it later). So i went through many jobs, and applied bout 10 or 11 jobs. Few hours later i got a call. It was from one recruitment companies which i applied job from. They told me, that the job ill be working is at CyberJaya. I didn't accept the job, because I'll have to work on Saturdays or Sundays depending on the shift and schedule.

Then later on, at evening, i got another call from this guy, from Kelly Services. It's an IT company, and the job I'll be working is Telesales. Something which i quite like, but oklah since it's at Taman Tun Doktor Ismail, TTDI, then it's near to my dad's working place, if any problem i can go therecheeky. But then, ill have to go for interview at Menara MCB, which is at near KL Tower. The last time i went to KL Tower, was when i was Standard 4 or Standard 5.

So today, with heavy heart i set myself to KL, not knowing where to park my car, how much would taxi fees be, would i get the job or not, so many things were in my mind. While i was driving at KESAS Highway, i got an sms from JobStreet. It says i got an email from one of the companies i applied. So i raced to the nearest cybercafe, which is at Asiacafe, and paid RM2, for 4 minute session. I went through, and then called up the person in charge, and ask them if they could held the interview today, since I'm all dresses up (and shaved my goatee). She agreed. So at once, i drove straight back to KESAS, and to USJ, and to the highway, straight to CyberJaya.

I don't know what made me so happy to get this job. I reached CyberJaya early, but actually i lost my way earlier, shame on me. Then ajaked Teoh for lunch, since he's the only one family member (i put family, to make it more emotional), that i have in CyberJaya. Panjang and his sister is at Johor. After lunch, i went to this Plaza, which is quite near to Teoh's place (good thing, so if got any problem, i can go to Teohcheeky), went it and signed my name there, and walked to this alley. Seriously, it looks like a hotel, man. I also terperanjat. So i went in, and saw many doors on my left and right, like hotel rooms, but some with invisible door, but most with company names on it. So i went and saw one room, it says Media Monitors. I knocked the door and waited. Then this guy came, so i told him, that i came for interview. He asked me to come in. I came in and waited, he told me to wait in this conference room. Then this lady came and give me some assessment papers.

She told me to finish them up by 1 hour time. So i did. I was quite shocked, when i saw the papers. The questions there are so easy, that i can do it blindfolded, cause it's all related with computers and Internet. It's what i do always. There are basically 4 papers. One is your personal information paper, second one is spelling paper - the question there for example is below:-

A. Google
B. Goggle
C. Gogle
D. Googlee

So it's kinda easy, since i use Google every single day. Then there is the matching test. For example it says there:-

Blacksheep |_| <-- box

then beside there will be the definitions, so you will have to match the word with it's definition, by writing the letter of the definition at the box. Lastly there was the hearing test. While i was doing some of the question, this guy came in. He came for the interview too. Being an anti-social, i didn't mind him much, i don't really busybody or look at him. So while i was doing my question, he asked me answer for one of the question. I told him the answer, correctly. Then i was doing again, he asked me again. I answer him again. When I'm done, he asked me again, so when i was about to explain to him, then the lady came, and told him to finish up the assessment papers later, she wants us both to sit for the hearing test. We were brought to one of the working tables there. The tables there have 4 corners, so one person sits at one corner. In front there is barrier, so the other person wont and cant see what the other person is doing.

So i put on the earphone, and listen. There was advertisements being played there. We have to write down what products were the advertisement trying to promote. The advertisement tracks is played 2 times. So while i was minding my own business and trying to concentrate my ear and my mind to those tracks, my eyes caught something. The same dude's hands. He was calling me. I pretended i didn't see. Later he popped out his head side of the barrier, and waving his hands, i didn't bother. He kept on doing that, wanting to know something, answers perhaps? Being a Christian, i know what i did just now was wrong, and I'm not going to do that again. So i just pretend i didn't see him many times. Then i done stating down 18/20 products from the advertisement tracks. He came over to my place with the computer chair with wheels, and asked me "how was it?". I just nod my head. He came near to my table again. So i decided to be sarcastic to him, i PURPOSELY took my paper and hid it with my file. You guys should have seen his face, i tell you. It was hilarious. After i done that, he just smiled and went back to his table.

After that the same lady came and called my name, i followed her and came to this room with another lady. Supposedly the another lady should be the "small" boss. She talked with this funny accent. She even asked me "what is this P. . . PM. . . PMR..?". The other lady helped me out by explaining the boss lady, of my situation, cause i think she don't really understand me. So all kinda questions were asked, to cut the story short, I'm ACCEPTED!

BUT . . .

Not fully accepted, I'll had to undergo training first. If i do well in training, then i can really work there. So it did really give me some hope to work. So i went back happily. Well, i did manage to go back because of Teoh's drawing of the map, which i still kept it in my car. If i thrown it out, i don't know what would have happened to melah.

So they will get back to me in 2 weeks time, then ill have to undergo training for 2 to 3 weeks. My job would be this :-

Responsibilities:

  • Monitor advertisement on media in the US, primarily radio advertisement.
  • Discover, title and verify commercials that are broadcasted for the first times to be then processed for online reporting.

Requirements:

  • Good English listening skill
  • Good command of English, especially written
  • Able to focus and work with high concentration
  • PC literate is essential i.e. Internet surfing
  • Good general knowledge of the United States will be an advantage
  • Willing to work in shifts
  • Willing to work in Cyberjaya
Yea, I'm kinda scared with the "Willing to work in shifts" thing. Oh! my job name is Discovery Agent. Kinda cool, huh? It sounds so National Geography-ish, something Sherlock Holmes- ish. Wait! Then again, why do i always get funny weird job titles one?

Me-lvin^_~

No comments: